Thursday, April 26, 2007

Very Cool Day!

Temperature-wise, yes even though Kim said I was a wuss. My thinned blood couldn't handle this chilly, chilly weather. The sun was shining though so when I had a wee break between my mani and pedi, I had a coffee and a croissant outside at the corner cafe. Have I mentioned what a rough life I lead?? :-)

I came home after my pampering, wolfed down a sandwich and then headed to the school to watch Lisette read her sonnet in front of the school. Fourty sonnets were submitted - Lisette got second place! Woo hoo!!

Stopped at the grocery store to buy items for spaghetti sauce...Lisette is a pasta-hound. Then home for my Spanish lesson. I had been studying my flash cards during my pedicure. The ladies at the beauty salon got quite a kick out of it. My manicurist actually sat down and studied the English side while I practiced the Spanish side of the cards!

John got home in the middle of my class and we both eavesdropped a bit during Jake's session. It's so cute to listen to him speak Spanish!

Picked Lisette up from play rehearsal then 40 minutes later, Johnny headed back to the school to pick up Nicole from soccer practice. Nicole was selected to go to a traveling game this Saturday. I love to watch her play so it's bittersweet to send her off to play elsewhere! She was pumped about it though!

We received pictures of our house in Bolivia - it's government owned for the Defense Attache position. What we see is what we get and what we see is gorgeous!! I don't want to post the pictures, it's someone's house right now after all. Most of the furniture stays with the house and it's extremely formal - again, beautiful but formal...I'm trying to figure out what I can do make it more "Alvarish"!! If I've fired up your curiousity, send me an email and I'll scoot you a few of the photos.

Hope your Thursday was sunny and very cool!

3 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

i have an idea re making the house in bolivia less formal.
fill it with your relatives, including your newfoundland ones...........

Kim said...

house values would be guaranteed to plummet! ;)

patsyrose said...

I'm a little worried you give out too much information in your blogs already. Be careful, okay?