Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tennis Anyone?

I asked for a tennis racket for my birthday, which my husband got for me. I haven't played tennis since high school and have no mental images of great tennis form - just tennis fun.

So, two lady friends of mine met me, Jake and his sleepover buddy at the school to hit a few balls around. The kids (four in total) took over one court and we watched and helped them for awhile. I thought Jake held his own for a munchkin who's only had a few lessons. Then it was the adults' turn. The kids headed for cover at the playground next to the courts.

Marybelle can play. Mary and I can't. Mary and I teamed up against Marybelle and she still kicked our butts - not that we were keeping score! It was a good workout and I am proud to say I was the only one who had the strength (read spasticity) to hit the ball over the very high fence - twice!

Lunch was at the table on the patio watching the sun soak into the waist high grass of our backyard. Jake had mentioned yesterday "Don't you love the sound of nature?" - typical Jake comment, but I did enjoy it today during lunch.

I did the maid/husband/kids shuffle this afternoon - Nicole is at a sleepover, Lisette is having a sleepover and Jake is now in bed - it's 10:30.

John and I walked down to a nearby restaurant. My steak was excellent but poor John's was overcooked a bit. Wine and salad - final bill was about $25.

Life is definitely good!
Love you all!!

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

I wish we could import some of those Argentinian prices to Canada.

Kim said...

I love to live vicariously through your blogs. Every day I look in the mirror I seem to turn greener and greener!
xoxoxoxoxoxo