Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Slipping

I woke up this morning to find my children using chocolate milk in their cereal because we'd run out of regular milk! Oops! Not like I have a full-time maid to clean my house, you think I have time to buy groceries??

My girlfriend came in from the city and we headed to the big grocery store. A few hours later, home I came with bags and bags of groceries but no milk. They were out of fat free milk. Here is when you realize I do live in a nearly-third world country. I did eventually find the milk at another local grocery store but it's quite often that the stores will run out of something important - milk, chocolate milk, chocolate pudding...you see how it is? It's rough here! :-)

But seriously, from the outside this city is very cosmopolitan...just don't scratch too deep beneath the surface. The facade basically crumbles easily.

We found out Lisette did extremely well in the Sonnet contest - check out her website and scroll down a bit, her entry is in one of her blogs. Tomorrow we find out her actual placing so I'll let you all know!!

John had an evening presentation to go to at his school so this is the first dinner we've had without him in ages. Jake was a little shocked! Now that's a great thing to be used to!

Wish Lisette luck!
Love to all!!

No comments: