Monday, April 23, 2007

Sleeping In

Last night, the computer was confiscated for silly things like homework so this blog is a day late...

Nicole's friends stayed until about 1 AM (early night for them!) so John and I didn't rest our weary heads until about 2. I didn't open my eyes again until the clock read 11:46! Whew! Waking up at the crack of noon! Part of the problem was the sky was grey and dreary, better to be cuddled in our new 400ct bed sheets! Oh yeah!!

Unfortunately, the sleeping in pretty much set the stage for the rest of the day for me. I did make a huge bacon and egg breakfast - "Jake, please have some eggs with your bacon mountain!" - but the rest of the day I just putzed around.

John hung pictures, I think we're down to just a few more. Lisette and Nicole did homework while Jake kept reminding me that I'd offered to help him "mix chemicals". He showed up with long sleeves, long pants and gardening gloves on - ready to mix. I'm still waiting for someone to reassure me that he's normal! I begged off and John mixed up some concoction with him. Whatever they made, it smells delicious!

I did call my nephew to wish him a wonderful birthday...he's getting much too old! He's home from university for the weekend and sounded like he was on cloud 9!

Now it's time for you to have a great day!!

No comments: