Tuesday, April 24, 2007

School Work

I spent hours today looking at the girls' next few years of schooling. I had printed up copies of their current classes, the school curriculum of future schools (plural), emails back and forth from present and future schools. It's insane! With all of our moves (past and future) during their high school years, it's quite tricky to get their ducks in any semblance of a row!

Thankfully, Nicole only has to change one class for next year - Physics is now Chemistry. Lisette is much more complicated. She probably needs to change three classes (already changed one) plus take some preparatory work this summer...all because we were not on top of this enough before the beginning of this, her tenth grade. She's still on the "wrong" track for Science but it just means one less Advanced class - which would have helped her overall GPA.

Our high school counselor is awesome here! It is so unlike the high school that I spent my teen years in, the courses and the system is so very different. Then, you just followed an easy set of ground rules for graduation. Here, there's a myriad of choices on how best to complete four years and the girls will be doing it in FOUR different high schools! Ahhh!

When Jake got home from school, I had him go with me for a walk with Buddy. Mostly I wanted his company but I wasn't sure my fried-out brain would remember how to get home.

We stopped at another cafe for Fanta (Jake), a sandwich (both) and a bottle of agua sin gas (yo). My eyes glazed over a little but I don't think Jake noticed, his stream of chatter never seemed to waiver. I kept looking at his intense blue eyes and felt all mommy-mushy. Buddy stayed at the side of my chair and showed little interest at the people passing by.

Back home it was pick up the girls, eat leftovers and get Jake into the shower. Done! I just got a call from Lisette's English teacher and she's approved to take Advanced English next year - check! One more to go...

I'm tired. But a job well done today!

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Even with all the rigamarole you have to wade through to keep up with the kids schooling, you do it well and thoroughly. You are to be congratulated!