Monday, April 2, 2007

Sunshine!!!

The storms kept me up a good part of the night but when I did wake up this morning - sunshine!!!! I sung as I opened the doors and windows!! Sun Sun Beautiful Sun!!

John and Jake had a great time burning papers in the BBQ - I think we have a piro in the making! Then we couldn't find our car insurance papers and John thought they might have gone up in smoke...whew, they were found, unsinged.

I forgot to tell a Jake story from yesterday. Jake really doesn't like April Fools jokes. I told him we were going to raise his allowance to $100 a month - yippee! Sorry, April Fools! He actually took it well then headed to the office for a piece of paper and some tape. He spent the rest of the evening with a sign taped to his shirt - "I Don't Selebrate April Fools Day!!" Surprisingly, his sisters respected that...or they were too busy with their own lives to bother with him! :-)

Jake went swimming then to school to play at the playground with his friend. Lisette went to watch a movie at church with the youth group, Nicole is heading out to go see a movie at the movie theater with friends. John is rubbing his face, his daughters have too active a social life for him!

I wish a beautiful Spring for you all - plenty of rain/sunshine/flowers - an abundance of whichever you'd prefer - I'll take the sunshine/flowers for my lovely Autumn!

Much Love!
Shelley

3 comments:

patsyrose said...

Enjoy the moment, my darlin'!

Kim said...

Tell Jakey that his aunt Kimmie would never play a joke on him!
Happy Birthday baby!

bluebird of paradise said...

happy birthday! we have a lot of april birthdays in our family. leigh's is the 13th, mine the 19th, judy's 21st and al's was the 11th. i love april ,but not this year it's too frigging cold............