Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Happy Happy Birthday!

The sun was shining, there were no mosquitoes, I received great news...that was a good birthday!

Yesterday was my 43rd birthday - I was successful in finding a grey hair the other day and in typical strange-Shelley fashion, I was quite excited about that!

I started the day reading birthday greeting emails and blogs - how nice is that? Then I headed to the nail salon and returned to a clean house! Lilian magic!

The kids and I met John at the Embassy, picked up mail and a few groceries at the Commissary then to a sushi place for lunch. We laughed a lot and put chopsticks where they weren't meant to be.

I received an email wishing me a happy birthday from my wonderful sister-in-law. She also forwarded the news that her son, who had numerous seizures years ago when he was but a wee lad, had a perfectly normal EEG and they were now able to finish weaning him from his medicines. I wept tears of joy!!!!

John made dinner, friends came to surprise me, we ate on the patio (mosquito free!), more laughter but no misplaced chopsticks this time.

Cake was yummy...I think I'm up for another 43 years!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful life you have. Again, happy days.
Love and Kisses

patsyrose said...

One day I'm going to catch up to you in one of these beautiful countries you move to. I hope your birthday was a memorable one!