Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Weird and Wonderful Day

It couldn't decide whether to be rainy or sunny today...so it was both. Not at the same time though.

I met John downtown for lunch at a fabulous Chinese restaurant I went to weeks ago. Did a little shopping before he got there so I'd properly worked up an appetite by the time we were sitting at the table.

On the way home, via train, we had stopped at the station about three stops before ours. A lady pushed this huge, overloaded cart onto the train into the area where John and I were. It was full of recycling - all metal including a small hot water heater. The train employees were very unhappy and told her to take it off the train. She wouldn't. They just stood there on the platform and wouldn't let the train leave the station. People argued with her, quietly at first but she got pretty verbally tense. I recognized one word just before the gasp came from the crowd. I was trying hard not to crack up - it was quite a show. Finally, two young men pulled her cart out of the train. No physical confrontation thank goodness, but the "train police" just stood there the whole time. I thanked one of the young guys as we left the train at our station a few minutes later.

We arrived home just in time to grab Jake and scoot to the school for Lisette's induction into the National Honour Society. I'd post a picture if I had one - forgot my camera, again!! It was a really nice ceremony and John pinned her pin on her - jokingly pretended to give her a "blood pin" but of course didn't! We're very proud of our girl!

Nicole is very disappointed at not being selected for the NHS. We haven't quite figured out why she wasn't but we're sure she'll be there next year...our superstars!

Jake had another good day at school - I gave him a high five and a cookie. That's all it takes to make his day!

Hope your day was more wonderful than weird!
Love,
Shelley

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Wonderful and weird people are what makes life interesting. Don't you wonder about that woman's story??