Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sheesh!!

No one is blogging today! All my favourite blogs have the same old thing on them! It must be Spring - where they are, it's Autumn here.

I played good friend/taxi driver yesterday. Actually, it wasn't selfless as we made a stop at the gym we're likely going to sign up at. Met up with a wonderful British lady friend of my friend, as she was heading in to the gym to actually exercise not just look around and feel guilty. After she hit the treadmill, she came by Mary's and we all had a cup of White Chocolate Mocha coffee (are you sure just walking into the gym doesn't count?) and spent hours chatting. We discussed the guilt we sometimes have over the perks of living "abroad". She pointed out (the Brit) that we go without all our dearest family and friends, all the niceties of familiarity, so we should enjoy the perks as much as possible. I'm with her.

Spanish class was relatively painless, I finished my homework with about 15 minutes to spare. Then I picked up Mary and her boys for the Elementary School play. We met Nicole and Jake at the school and enjoyed the hour long production. Parts were amazing, parts were funny, parts were painful. It was a terrific production considering the participants were only 9, 10 and 11 years old!

The six of us went to McDonald's for dinner. One familiar thing I just don't miss. The little guys do though so it's always a treat.

Back home in time for Jake to scramble through his homework, a shower and bedtime. The girls went into a last minute panicked frenzy as it turned out their Biology test is today not Thursday.

Success!! Just before I post I do a spell check. I get a little thrill every time it says "no misspellings found" - thought I'd share a little of my Aspergerish ways!! Ooops, that won't pass the spell check! :-)

No comments: