Saturday, May 5, 2007

Rain, Hail and Hamburgers

I woke up with a start - Lisette had forgotten to wake someone up to take her to her soccer game. When I stumbled into her room, thinking she'd slept in...her response "Yup, we've got to leave in three minutes" ever so innocently. I just shook my head and went to get dressed.

So I scooted her to her game, came home and pretended I was a housewife (actually did dishes, picked up the living room) before enjoying my morning coffee.

We didn't see Jake until 11:30. I finally dragged him away from his new Playstation 2 game and insisted he have some breakfast. Perhaps this is could be a new way to diet - the VGD (Video Game Diet), your hands would be too occupied to feed yourself. Hmmmmm. Maybe not.

Did a great deal of taxi work this afternoon. Picked Lisette up from soccer, she gobbled some lunch then had to be at a play rehearsal. Picked up Nicole then stopped at the grocery store for food stuffs and to pay the power bill. I was worried what our first power bill would be, it only shows up once very two months and we had the a/c blaring the first month in the house. It was only about $170...cool!

Picked up Lisette from play rehearsal, she showered then John (whew!) took her to a get together for the cast. One of her friend's mom is bringing her home! Good thing gas is so cheap - not!

Nicole is babysitting the boys of friends of ours. The four of them (Jake, their two boys and Nicole) were hanging out in the attic playing more Playstation when the hail starting coming down. The house has clay roof tiles, I imagine it was terribly loud up there!

John and I waited for the weather to improve a bit then headed out for dinner. We were all dressed up and decided to try out a place we'd driven by regularly but didn't know much about. It was a burger joint! Yummy but we were definitely over dressed! :-)

Now I'm going to open a bottle of wine and have some dessert! Salud!

No comments: