Thursday, May 3, 2007

EKGs

I stayed home all day yesterday (Wednesday) then picked up the kids from school to go to the Embassy to get our EKGs done. As I'm a mean and somewhat cruel mom, I had explained to Jake what happens when you have an EKG done. Wires are attached to your body then they turn on the electricity! His eyes shot open wide and followed with his very worried look. "Really?" I grabbed him in a hug and laughed, "No!"

My husband is usually the prankster of the family, always making up scary stories to worry and scare the kids. Nothing damaging, more like "Your teacher called and you have a big test tomorrow!" kind of thing. Their faces usually turn immediately to me to see if it's true. I'm the honesty-meter. So sometimes I just have to throw them off balance...you know?

The EKGs were all normal and we loaded up our arms with our mail (it had been more than a few days since our last visit to the post office!) to take home.

Dinner was out, though close to home and not in the city...I was a wee bit disappointed. John and girls had studying to do so I was outvoted.

Back home, Jake showered, the girls did their homework and I watched American Idol. I'm getting a little hooked. We're a few weeks behind down here so don't tell me how it ends when the time comes! It was J. Lo week and I was less than excited with the performances, even less than Simon!

I'm not sure what time poor John finally climbed into bed but he's studying for his first round of exams and he's stressing! Keep him in your prayers!

Have an awesome day!!

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

John will always do well...no worry there.