Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Back!

Do you miss me when I'm gone? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself out here. Probably because I do talk to myself a lot... :-)

Hmmmm. Yesterday. Can't remember much about it so it was probably not very exciting. John stayed late at school for a ceremony. Watched TV. Went to bed. John stole the covers so I didn't sleep well - the heat is off for some reason.

Today was much more fun. I went to the mall with a girlfriend - helped her buy a suit, had lunch then picked up some groceries. It was nice to have some "mom" time. We got back to the house just in time for my Spanish lesson - just plugging through the espanol!

Jake got his haircut today - finally! It was getting pretty shaggy, he hadn't had it cut since December. I was worried he'd be upset because I had just asked for the sides to be cut and the lady went to town on his whole head. He liked it! Whew!

I made lasagna for dinner. That the first time in a long time that I've made that particular dish. Turned out great too - not fabulous but really good. The intention was to make it for Lisette. It was opening night for her play! She ended up not coming home after school - went to a friend's house to fix her hair. Oh well, she had some when she got home!

John and I went to the play - it was great! "A Midsummer Night's Dream" was a student-led production and the kids did a wonderful job! If you haven't seen the recent movie of it, rent it! Lisette has Ali McBeal's part. John was on a mission before we got to the school. He was bound and determined to get Lisette flowers. At the end of the play he presented her with a single white rose. Damn, he's good. :-)

A good evening to thee!
Shelley

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

How lucky I am to have him for a son-in-law and the most wonderful father of 3 of my favorite grandchildren...not to mention husband to one of my 3 favorite daughters.

Lisette will never forget that moment.

Kim said...

I do miss you when you don't post. Told you John is the best of the best! Hugs and kisses to all.