Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It's A Beautiful Day!

Sunny and cool. Perfect!

This morning I went and picked up a friend from their new house - they're so happy to be getting out of the hotel!! We ran errands and grabbed lunch.

The sun was shining all day...unfortunately I forgot to walk to the school to pick up Jake. He was disappointed too!

Got a bit of bad news today. With budget cuts left, right and center, the military is stopping our Commissary flights. No more delivery of grocery items from back home. No, we're not exactly suffering from starvation down here but we are hearing about cuts all over the place, this is just the latest. Things aren't waiting until summer to come to a screeching halt. The AF has lent the Army millions of dollars - rightly so, but that money wasn't just hanging around looking for a home. Our mail system is going away. Family support programs are the first to go. Political cries of "We support our military..." make me want to scream. Sadly though, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Military families have borne worse burdens than a missing paycheck. Just don't tell me "We support the military, it's the war we don't support"...please. Their Congress is saying they're looking out for us but that includes not paying us???? With friends like that...

Okay, breathing. Little things, I know but still. We're blessed to be in a stable situation. More than likely, we'll just be inconvenienced. Others are already suffering from this political stunt. It's just not right to hold our support structure or our paychecks hostage.

I'm going to go have a cup of tea, cuddle with my puppy and focus on my sunny day.
:-)
Besitos!
Shelley

No comments: