Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Proud to Habla

I had my manicure appointment early this morning and zipped down the street, arriving only a few minutes late. Thankfully, that doesn't cause the blink of an eye around here!

All day I've been excited by the fact that my manicurist and I chatted through the whole appointment. Usually we exchange a few sentences but the shop is usually bustling so we're mostly watching (me) and talking (her) to the other employees and their patrons. The shop was extremely quiet today - only one other employee who was mostly busy in another room. So we chatted. In Spanish! I'm so thrilled! She was very patient and was very clear with her speech so that helped immensely. Still - I think it was my first lengthy Spanish conversation outside of my teacher. Okay, it was a big deal to me!! :-)

On my way home, I stopped and grabbed a few trays of sandwiches to donate to the schools' Teacher Appreciation Tea. As luck would have it, another mom was there doing the same thing and offered to take my sandwiches in with hers as she was heading right to the school from the store. Bonus, I didn't have to walk home with two big ole trays of sandwiches!

I then received an lunch invite so scooted home just in time to brush my hair (had to go to the nail appointment with semi-wet hair - not a pretty site after an hour or so) before Mary came by to pick me up.

Soup and salad for lunch - quite yummy! The weather is definitely feeling brisk but it was sunny and gorgeous out with the leaves getting more red every day. Soup always feels right when it's chilly out.

John came straight home then the girls came home via the bus. Jake was at his last Circus class...they'll be putting on a show after Nana and Abuelo get here!

The kids chose to stay put for dinner but John and I went to our friends' for some Peruvian chicken soup (yes, I love soup) and some good beer. Satisfying all round.

It's nine o'clock and time for American Idol. They say it's a bad season but I'm hooked. Not much else on around here obviously!

G'night!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am totally impressed that you are learning to speak Spanish so well. I envy people who can speak different languages it always sounds so romantic or something. Very cool.

patsyrose said...

I hope you and the kids can teach me at least to get by in Spanish.

Congratulations senora!