Friday, March 30, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

It hasn't stopped raining in two weeks. Well, it feels that way!

Roads are flooded, there's no dog walkers or pool guys to be found and our lawn is two feet tall. Our security guy is closeted up in his shack...rain, rain, rain. Thankfully with a 4WD vehicle, I'm not stuck here. John and I went to some electronic shops to get stuff for the electrician (who can't finish the job 'cause it's RAINING!) then to EASY (our version of Home Depot) to grab some other stuff. It was a nice time to spend together - I do love it that he has Fridays off.

Jake was optimistic - he left this morning with his tennis racket in hand. Poor baby, sorry for his luck!

I had another lunch out yesterday with another group of ladies - very nice! Then I ventured to get more bills paid, I couldn't bear to give John anymore of those duties. Thankfully I was eventually successful - two trips, about an hour and a half total.

Spanish lessons are going full blast ahead. My brain is turning to mush but I think we're getting somewhere. Jake is still enthusiastic, she kept it down to 45 minutes for him so as not to overwhelm him.

Leftovers for dinner last night so I either need to cook or find delivery somewhere for tonight!! :-) That's an easy choice! LOL

Ciao!!

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

Do you have access to a good bookstore or library? Books are the saving grace of a rainy day.

Just having you and the kids learning a bit of Spanish is going to make Carmen and Juan so happy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley,
I just got caught up in your wonderous adventure! Just reading about the rain makes me want to take a nap! I've been tired...think i may have strep. Throat is hurting, swollen glands, tired, tired, tired.
I'll email you!
love ya!
cuqui