Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Argentina Frustration

It's poor John's frustration...he's the one that has to deal with the insanity.

It is now 8:50 - John just got off the phone with the cell phone company. He first tried calling them at around 5:30. He was trying to pay three cell phone bills. He had to call from the actual phone, call three different numbers and talk to two different people because neither of them could do what the other could do. Then the actual payment had to be through the automated system. If that sounds confusing, imagine doing it all in another language!! Turns out the credit card number that John gave one of them was taken down wrong so he had to start all over again. He's about to have a stroke! Midway through he asked me if I thought it was the incompetence of the people or the system. I opted for the system but then we found out about the credit card number. Ooops.

My day was nice!! I wandered around the mall - it's huge so I didn't see a quarter of it. Had breakfast there then went and bought groceries. The maid had the house all clean by the time I returned plus she found some of my shirts to iron. Yeah, this rocks!

Groceries are pretty inexpensive here - we had a roasted free-range chicken/corn-on-the-cob/sauteed fresh spinach with onions & mushrooms for about $10. Obviously I felt like cooking today.

I'd better go pour John some wine! LOL
Salud!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like John just may be an alcoholic before this stint is over. It must be so frustrating for him to have to deal with everything. Hope you learn Spanish soon or you'll have to visit Johny in rehab!
Hugs and kisses to all.

patsyrose said...

Your lunch sounded yummy but mine was all the leftover fingerfoods in Ken and Pat's fridge that they need to get rid of before they leave Florida. Not bad, really!

Anonymous said...

do u still have left overs lol just kidding auntie shelley love you lots muah xoxoxoxoxoxo give everyone gugz and kisses

peace dawg