Monday, March 19, 2007

Hablo, kind of.

I had my first Spanish class today! Well, they speak Castillano here - a dialect of Spanish. I didn't learn much, we just chatted and covered one verb that I was already familiar with. It's great to be started though.

The girls had a session with the Spanish tutor when I was done. She's going to be here four hours a week, two with me, an hour with the girls and an hour with Jake. When I say here, I do mean here at the house. Delivery, yes it's grand.

The dark side of customer service reared its ugly head when John and I tried to pay a bill at the grocery store. The service wouldn't connect. Typical. I'll try again tomorrow!

John had a frustrating day at school. He said he was biting his tongue so hard it should have been bleeding. He did correct the Professor at one point after he said that the Timothy McVeigh bombing was related to U.S. Bureaucracy. For the first time in over 18 yrs. of marriage, John had a beer when he got home. At four o'clock in the afternoon. You know it's bad when it's that bad!

I made an American meal for dinner - chicken pot pie!! Very Southern!!

We miss you!!!

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Faye, Marilee, and I went to our lovely Cuban resaurant in Kissimmee and I bragged to the Spanish waitress how I knew one of the most important words in Spanish...banyo (spelled right?).