Sunday, March 4, 2007

Barney's On!

When Wayne's World was popular in my household, Lisette would copy the phrase "Wayne's World! Excellent! Party's On!" but she (being the Barney-head she was at the time) would replace the last exclamation with "Barney's On!" which we never corrected, of course.

Well my little princess of SIXTEEN!!! - yes, I'm still agonizing over that! - had her birthday party last night. Only half a dozen kids were there but they seemed to have a great time. Two of the girls slept over and I'm happy to say we're still impressed with the choices Lisette makes in friends...both in girls and boys.

Nicole had a soccer game yesterday afternoon and her school team won 5-2. She was happy with how she played, unfortunately John and I were too busy getting things together for the party to go see the game.

Jake revelled in the limelight of the teenagers. He's such a funny kid, they really seemed to enjoy him too. Luckily I pulled him away before his shine might have rubbed off for them. LOL

Our chocolate fountain was a hit, as per usual. I encourage one and all to get one of those!

The house is looking so pretty!!! Randomly lying boxes have been put away in storage so spaces and rooms are opening up. A few pictures and mirrors are up on the walls but these are concrete walls so I'm having to wait for John to bring along his handy-dandy drill to get things hung.

I'll post pictures once all is done!
Happy March!
Love,
Shelley

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

It's wonderful to finally be getting settled...you've been transient for far too long. I'm really anxious to see those pictures because it will make it seem as though you're not so far away afterall.