Friday, March 9, 2007

Fun Friday - Totally!

Dog walker showed up.

Maid showed up.

Sun shone all day.

I can now see the top of my desk!

We set some clearer guidelines with the maid, she was very cooperative so I have a much better feeling about things.

Jake had his first tennis class today and he really enjoyed it. Now he's asking for his own racket...I told him to chill for a while! He's taking swimming, Circus and tennis for after-school activities. This is such a cool school!!

The girls were both in the Talent Show this evening so we took Jake and his friend Manny to go watch. Our girls rocked! Nicole was in a dance troupe and Lisette did a monologue (we held our breath and she was awesome!) - there were only about 12 acts but these kids were amazing.

So, other than being restricted from going to the Embassy today because Hugo-I'm-a-Moron (his translated quote of "ethanol fuel is wrong because it will cause starvation" was my personal favourite) Chavez was in town, it was a stellar day! Can anyone tell my how a president from another country can come and lead a demonstration without the host country's president bothering to come? Imagine that happening in Canada/US??

Wishing you a Chavez-free weekend!
Love to all!
Shelley

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Remember to stand firm with the maid and no more second chances. You're not used to such a luxury and I know it's hard for you to stand your ground but you really have to.

What an international education those kids are getting! I hope they know how lucky they are.