Monday, March 26, 2007

My Star

Lisette was very happy when she got off of the bus today! Last week she auditioned for a student-led play at her school. Today, she found out she got the part of Helena in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"!! Very exciting!! Thankfully, or otherwise, she has decided that she doesn't want to become an actress after all. Stay tuned for more on that as time goes by!

Jake had a swimming lesson after school. When I picked him up he told me that there was a giant wave coming to Buenos Aires and we were all going to die. He was quite excited about this. He did mutter something about his short eight years not being so great. I took offense to that! He insisted we look up the news online about this giant wave...surprisingly, the AP doesn't seem to have picked it up. That wasn't enough for Jake to find any hope of seeing tomorrow although he was talked out of sleeping in the attic. I have a weird kid.

So we're all sleeping in our own beds...hope I don't get too soggy during the night!

4 comments:

Kim said...

lmao..very weird kid!

patsyrose said...

He is wonderful! I laughed so hard I almost cried. Thank him for making my day!

Anonymous said...

He is not a weird kid just because he has a hairbrush phobia!

Shelley said...

Kathy - Jake's growing his hair out. The deal is he has to brush his hair if he wants to grow it longer. Nicole and I suggested you come down and do it if he won't! :-)