Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Fish Out of Water

Our family grew by two today. John bought Jake two Beta fish. I was never consulted, although I was present when the initial discussion took place in the pet store yesterday. I just wanted to buy Buddy more dog food.

So, we now have blue and beautiful Stitch the Second (Stitch the First was with us a few years back) and a lovely silver (?) Beta named Dorie. I'm going to leave it up to John to figure out what we do with these creatures come December. Beta fish are hardy but I don't think they fly well.

I managed to get a bill paid locally. Whew!! Again, not a big deal unless you don't speak the language and you're paying at the grocery store. The teller didn't want any part of my paper bill, no stamp, nada. That made me nervous and I double checked that she didn't want it. Nope. I'm keeping my register receipt super-glued to the bill! :-)

John played nice at school today. He text mailed me that he'd had breakfast with three Venezuelans! I'm so proud of my big boy!

Tomorrow looks like a quiet day. Maybe Buddy and I'll go for a walk down to the cafes! I'll keep you posted as always!

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

I'd love to be strolling down to the cafes with you. Think of me while you're there and have an espresso for me.