Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hazards

Today - I should have stayed in bed! :-)

It started off quite innocently. Jake and his buddy Manny were playing and watching TV and I made them breakfast. Nothing sinister there. Lisette eventually woke up and made us more breakfast - she's the Pancake Queen of this house.

When Jake and Manny decided to venture to the attic to play, I found Buddy waiting patiently for them at the bottom of the circular staircase that leads up to the attic. "Hey!" I thought "Why don't I help Buddy get up those stairs so he can hang out with the boys?" Bad move, oh, so bad a move! Buddy whimpered a little and I coaxed him about a third of the way up. He's a bit of a wimp you know. Well, then full panic hit him and he scrambled back down with a vengeance. I figured, fine, I'd just have to help him back down anyway.

Buddy followed me to my room and I noticed a few minutes after I had kicked him out that there was quite a bit of blood spotted on the floor. I called downstairs to John to check Buddy's paws. The scramble down the metal steps had caught his toenail and was causing the bleeding. No major damage but there was blood drippings through the bedroom and down the main stairs.

John asked me to come and check out Buddy myself so down I skipped. Then down I went. OWWWWW! Blood is slippery by the way. I have a huge bruise on my elbow, a smaller bruise on my side and a gigantic (how is there room, you ask??) bruise on my butt. Falling down stairs is incredibly painful.

I've spent the majority of the day in bed - where I should have stayed to begin with! :-)

Midol, take me away!

3 comments:

patsyrose said...

Take care of yourself, my darlin'. There's nothing funny about a fall unless it's caused by a kick in the ass by your artificial leg. Sorry, John!

Kim said...

Oh, baby. I haven't checked posts all weekend, so I hope you're feeling better by the time I'm reading this.
xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I finally get to check in on you and you talk about sliding down stairs!! Save the crazy stuff for the theme parks (or the water parks) Get better quickly!! :)Love Kathy in FWB