Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Briv Brae Little Soldier

That was the mantra my sister Kim made up when we were going swimming on a cold winter morning - at a hotel - in Florida. Crazy Canucks!

I had to be brave this morning. It reminded me of the feeling I have when I'm buckling into a roller coaster seat. I wonder why I'm doing this to myself, encourage myself that it's going to be okay, consider the maintenance schedule...then, just remember to breathe! I had my first bikini wax today. Whew! Not so bad! LOL

So the news of Bolivia is still reverberating through the house. We found out our house will have 5 bedrooms and 4 floors. I'm still trying to focus on being here, now. BTW, La Paz is at extremely high altitude, so keep that in mind as you plan your trip to visit - I know you are!!! :-)

I've sent out some info requests for Spanish tutoring. Hopefully, that will begin next week. It's not too hard to manage with my pathetic vocabulary but I want to do more than just manage. I could probably get a job as a mime though, with all my experience!

Buddy's still taking time out of his dog walking. His toe seems to be healing fine, no signs of infection so far. His dog walker is very concerned about him - well, mostly the conversation was my stilted Spanish and strange mime acts, maybe he's just concerned about me!

I'm off to figure out how to order stuff from the Commissary. They don't sell bacon here except for three strips for about $3. My men (Jake must be included here) need their bacon!

Love ya!
Shelley

2 comments:

Kim said...

Bikini wax...hope it was American and not Brazilian! :) ouch, ouch, ouch lol

patsyrose said...

Faye, Marilee, and I are all amazed that someone who just moved her family and possessions from Florida to Argentina can be so upbeat about moving again so quickly. I haven't got used to the idea you're in Argentina yet!