Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pedicures...

I love pedicures. I don't particularly like my feet and pedicurists take their lives in their hands when they mess with my very ticklish pies (Spanish for feet - not apple). But I love pedicures!

I've now had two pedicures since landing down here. My toes are a beautiful deep, deep red tone. They don't often match my fingers because I prefer French manicures but I was in a red mood this week, so now they match.

Two strange things happened during my Argentinean pedicures - one wonderful and another...good but brow-raising. My pedicurist turned off the light and massaged my feet for about five drowsy minutes. Ahhhhhhh. This may not be unusual but it was a unique experience for me. The second thing that the pedicurists (with two different ladies at two different salons) did was pull out her Dremel power tool and sand down the bottom of my foot! It doesn't always feel good to have your foot sanded. Sanders get hot. There are heat sensitive areas down on your foot. Owwww! But my feet are nice and soft now!

I wonder if John would let me use his Dremel on his foot?? I think not.

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

I had one pedicurist who used a dremel. I didn't like it at all...too hot and too ticklish. I think they do it because it saves on labor. Just tell them not to use it.

I love the idea of dim lights and a foot massage!!! I get the foot massage, too, but under bright lights.