Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cafe...

I had "Buddy and me" time today. I took him to the cafe as planned and it was lovely! The sun was shining, there was a table available right at the corner - best view - and he just peed a little on the shrub next to my seat. Then he curled up next to my chair and slept. This was his second walk in 3 hours after all. Three whole blocks!

There was a hairy moment when a dozen little sparrows descended on the sidewalk just behind Buddy to nibble on seeds/crumbs. I watched them for a minute or two, wondering if they were even aware there was a well-bred bird-hunter dog only inches away...but also concerned what damage Buddy would do to the table he was tied to if he decided he had to attack. Just as these worries were passing through my thoughts, Buddy lifted his head. He looked forward at the other diners then sideways at the storefront, then finally to the back and stared at the little birds. I braced myself for the possible lightening fast reflexes of a well-bred bird-hunter dog. Buddy turned away and went back to sleep. No dove hunting in his future!

The good news is, I guess we can go back there for lunch again!

2 comments:

Kim said...

3 words - well bred..bird hunter..dog. As far as I can see he only qualifies for 'dog'!
xoxoxoxox
Oh I am so jealous.. sitting at a sidewalk cafe in the sunshine in Argentina! Lucky, lucky you. Wish I was there too.

patsyrose said...

Hunter dog? Buddy? He might have gone after those birds if he thought they posed a threat to you, though.

Did you order an espresso and think of me???