Wednesday, August 1, 2007

David's Home!!

He arrived yesterday afternoon. Although he's still mainly unconscious, he knows he's home and even had the opportunity to cuddle with his favourite pup, Baker. I've always called David "Dr. Doolittle" because he absolutely loves animals and they feel the same way about him. Our dog Carina adored him to such a degree we almost sent her home with him! So now David sleeps with Baker curled up beside him in bed, she gave his hand a lick when it came her way...too sweet. It was a thrill when David glanced my way last evening and said "Oh, hi Shell" - you appreciate the little things!

Unfortunately I've added to Kim's stress by pissing off David's family. I won't go into details but I'm pretty much guaranteed not to get "nurse of the year" award from them. Kim says I'm being overprotective of her but nobody's messing with Saint Kimmy on my watch!! Perhaps I could blame it on my Irish temper but I won't! :-) Interestingly enough, I have never, in all my years of nursing, had a family or patient who didn't like me...there's a first for everything I guess! Again, my only regret is the additional stress it brought Kim. She's being amazing too!

John and the kids took the day off of snowboarding yesterday. They took a ski lift up to the top of the mountain and froze their derrieres off! John said the view was utterly beautiful though! Man, do I wish I was there - for all sorts of reasons! :-)

No comments: