Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still Freezing

It's really, really cold in this house - around 60 degrees if we're lucky. My refrigerator magnet thermometer only goes down to 62 so I'm not exactly sure. And I'm sitting at the computer eating...ice cream. Don't know why, seemed like a good idea at the time?

John and I went on a date last night, the first one in waaaaay too long. We went to see Ocean's Thirteen - in English with Spanish subtitles, we got a few of the jokes that the rest of the audience didn't catch! I'd already seen it but John didn't get anything out of me when he questioned during the movie. Great movie - even the second time round! John liked it even more than Ocean's Eleven! Trivia - in Spanish it's called "Now There's Thirteen." After the movie we spent a luxurious amount of time over dinner at a favourite restaurant. Good date!

Today we eventually got moving and went to scout a store with Quince dresses for Nicole - it was closed but we found it. Then John talked to the DJ and loosely hired him, he's supposed to call him back on Tuesday. I found an invitation store online...follow up on that on Tuesday too.

I made Cuban Chicken and Yellow Rice for dinner - John liked it the most of all of us but it was a new recipe I just need to tweak. Best plan would be to spend a few days with his grandmother and learn from the master!

Nicole is spending the afternoon/evening at her friend's keeping warm. My fingers are now really, really cold so I'm going to stop typing and go warm up with the rest of the family watching "Night at the Museum"!

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is heat index 105!!!

patsyrose said...

You've got to stop living in hovels or your maid will quit!