Sunday, August 26, 2007

Gatherer

I spent most of today gathering groceries and my children. Both Jake and Nicole were at sleepovers last night.

It was a dreary, rainy day - cold and rainy. A perfect day to curl up with a good book but I was feeling rather energized to get some things done. Now I'm looking at a pile of papers I need to get through and my energy suddenly seems tapped out. Funny how that happens when the work stops being fun!

John's been working diligently on a school paper - he's on page 11 of 20. It's due in a few days and he's determined to get to page 15 by tonight. Go John Go!

I made a delicious roast for dinner but nibbled too much so suppertime was a hodge-podge of eating. Jake had a friend over to play and they nibbled too between Yu-Gi-Oh cards and Uno. The girls have been back and forth from their rooms, the attic and the kitchen. I'm hoping they grabbed some decent food in their gathering trips...it was that kind of a Sunday!

Here's to the warmer weather forecasted for later this week!

No comments: