Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday

Felt like Monday, Monday to me. The girls chose to ride the bus but I talked Jake into letting me take him to school on the pretense of meeting his teacher. We've always walked the girls into class the first day of school, until they got to middle school! I really don't think Jake had a problem with entering his class solo but he consented to me accompanying him. :-)

Unfortunately, his teacher was not in the class so I didn't get the chance to meet him but Jake was quite happy about his new classroom when he got home this afternoon. The girls were welcomed enthusiastically back to school by their classmates so all is well in School Land. Lisette told me she was touched by how many of her friends knew about David - small community, between her and Nicole's friends, news travels.

Nicole went to volleyball practice after school, Lisette went to soccer practice - the beginning of the back-and-forth school trips begins because the practices don't start or end at the same time of course! John was here to share the trips though! Yeah!

I had lots of plans for things to get done today - but I slept through them. I thought I'd take an hour nap but it turned into three. Sigh. Managed to finish the final Harry Potter book though!! Score! I could tell you all its secrets but I won't! I do highly recommend it - and don't look ahead! Didn't think I could help myself but managed to behave and it was worth it.

John had me fill him in on the book's details - says he'll never take the time to read it anyway...shame on him!

So tomorrow, maybe I'll get those errands done...hmmmm, supposed to rain, maybe I can ignore them for just one more day! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys made it home ok. I know you feel drained. Tell Nicole I need an address if I am going to send that Gulf Breeze sweatshirt. LOL

patsyrose said...

It sounds like you've inherited the 3 hour nap gene from me...that's why I hate to nap!