Thursday, August 2, 2007

Reality Bites

David had a rough day today. More pain, more trouble breathing. Just when you settle into a little groove, the reality hits that he's not going to improve...that's not the forecast. He scared the daylights out of me this evening. His temperature had gone up a little, he wasn't drinking, he wasn't peeing and his chest tube wasn't draining much at all. Then his night nurse showed up. He woke up a bit, drank a whole lot of water and peed a whole lot (sorry David!) - I was so relieved but it was too late, I'd been bitten by reality. This totally sucks.

The bright and sunny spot of my day was having dinner with my nephew and his wife. I hadn't met her until tonight! She's sweet and beautiful - just what I'd want for my "first" child...my oldest nephew, "my boy" until Jake came along. :-)

Down in Argentina John had to cancel snowboarding - Jake's not feeling well. They're hoping to get back to the slopes tomorrow, John may have to sit and drink hot chocolate with Jake at the lodge while the girls have all the fun though! However, John + chocolate = happy man!

No comments: