Friday, August 3, 2007

Ups and Downs

The "ups" was actually an "up" - my mom and I had a delicious dinner at a local Italian eatery! Mmm Mmm Good!

Poor David had another rough day. We have had a problem with managing his pain. I get very frustrated with this because it's not necessarily the answer just to throw a bunch of painkillers into him. When he's unconscious, he can't drink...when he can't drink, he gets a fever. If we hydrate him some other way, we chance overloading his kidneys/lungs with fluids. Such a hard problem with no long term solutions so we do the best we can.

I just thought of another "up and down" for today! John and the kids flew back to Buenos Aires from their Bariloche ski (actually snowboard) vacation! Safe and sound! Jake was still not feeling well this morning but the girls got to do a little more snowboarding before heading to the airport. John had promised more pictures to me tonight but I haven't seen them yet - I'll post one or two when I get them!

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

you get "nurse of the year" in my books. what a wonderful gift of yourself,not only to kim and david. but to all your family. our hearts are with you .
xo xo xo