Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday!

Carmen and I have been on a romance kick - we've been watching versions of "Pride and Prejudice" including the six hour A&E version! I'm not sure it's actually six hours but it was a mini-series and wonderful!

She's feeling better but not terrific so the movies were an excellent excuse to hang out and chill. She'd never seen them, I've seen them a dozen times and wouldn't mind seeing them a dozen more.

Lisette had her hair cut last night...she now has bangs! I thought it would make her look younger, remind me of those long ago days but no - she looks older!! :-( She looks beautiful and she's thrilled with her hair!

Today Juan, Carmen and I met John downtown at Cafe Tortoni for lunch then went to Florida Street for a short time. We were home in plenty of time to meet Jake off of the bus and Juan made fried plaintains to go with the delicious batch of lentl beans he'd left simmering when we left this morning. I got a very humorous phone call from a dear, claustrophobic friend of mine back home - seems she was stuck at an Elementary school during an emergency lock-down today and was hustled and locked into a closet for an extended period. Thanks for the good laugh Kathy! Love ya!

The girls had soccer so they needed a pick up but otherwise we stuck close to home this evening. Juan had a business acquaintance drop by but that was right around the time Buddy got covered with a very foul smelling substance. I spent an hour bathing and drying him but I think we'll still have him professionally cleaned tomorrow! We're still not sure what or even how it happened but he wasn't really dirty, more wet on spots around his head that smelled of his backyard deposits. ???? Who knows? It's Buddy we're talking about.

It's late, I've showered and I'm tired! Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could give you a laugh. While I was going through my 30 minute (ten hours?) ordeal I thought I have to tell Shelley this one.