Sunday, September 2, 2007

An Ahhhhhh Day

I love these days. Sit back and say "Ahhhhhhh." Well, the majority of the day was like that.

First - we slept in. We LOVE to sleep in. Lisette was up first but I was up shortly thereafter and made French toast again. Worked yesterday and had a hankering for it again this morning. John was up in time to make coffee (God bless him) and a heaping pile of bacon (I passed) for my manly men and Nicole.

John started working on his paper for school and I started organizing seating for the Quince. Hours later, we both kind of flopped onto the couch to regroup. Nicole came in to ask about going to a movie which I initially thought was a good idea until John reminded me we were supposed to go and talk to the caterer. Nicole got into a snit when John nixed her movie idea and I voiced my opinion of her attitude. Hmmmm...if you get my drift.

John and I went alone to see the caterer which gave me time to contemplate liking my fifteen year old again. Love her to death (might be a poor choice of words) but not so happy with her right now. The meeting with the caterer went very well, some clarifications were made and he had some great ideas for the room that made me all excited about the party again.

Off to dinner with the rest of the Argentineans at 8:00 - the place was just getting crowded. Some lady tried to cut in line to get a table, that on top of fighting traffic and John needed a nice glass of wine. I drove home - he's such a light-weight! :-)

Now I'm going to go finish "The Hobbit" for the second time in my life. Well worth the do-over.

No comments: