Monday, September 10, 2007

Tango Baby!

Cuqui, Carmen, Juan and I weren't too sure about doing the touristy thing today. There were menacing black clouds and rolling thunder on the horizon. The weather channel screamed "80% chance of precipitation!" so we stuck close to home for the first few hours this morning.

Miraculously, the clouds lightened up. The weather channel changed its mind and mentioned "30% chance of precipitation" - who'd of thought the weather channel was a woman?

Off to La Boca - Caminita we went. We just played the tourist game, getting a picture with the tango guy (Cuqui) and checking out what I call "Made in China-Argentina" shops. Then it was time for a coffee (me) and a few bottles of beer (them) and we chose a little hole-in-the-wall cafe where two young tango dancers were performing outside by the tables. After most of one beer, Cuqui was enticed to tango with the guy (feather boa provided) then Juan with the girl. Carmen and I laughed but refused to dance. After again performing together, the guy then headed back to our table, smiling, with the boa in hand. I thought he was back for Cuqui...silly me! This time he wouldn't take no for an answer and off to tango I went. At least I didn't step on his feet! He was very sweet and quietly gave me instructions - which helped greatly but not enough! LOL There you go, my first tango lesson in Argentina, it's about time! Carmen was his next partner and we bonded with both him and the young lady. We laughed, clapped and encouraged the other diners to go the way of the dance! Bailar! Bailar!

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

Make sure you take Kim there...and make sure she dances!!