Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Downtown

I took Juan and Carmen downtown for a meeting this morning. We were late because traffic was horrendous! It was rainy so nobody walks or bikes to work. There was some kind of strike that affected public transit too. It was a mess.

After I dropped them off, I went to the Embassy to complete some of my own business and buy some goodies at the Commissary (grocery store) there.

John was planning on meeting us for lunch at 12:30 but Juan and Carmen weren't ready. As luck would have it...I was! So John and I had a cozy lunch then were joined by Juan and Carmen a little later.

We returned the baskets we rented from the lady that made chocolate hearts for Nicole's Quince. Traffic was still brutal so we didn't make it back home until 4.

Jake had tennis after school, the girls had soccer so we played taxi service before dinner. Leftovers ruled tonight although the girls had pleaded for sushi. :-)

Now I'm going to curl up with my new book and enjoy some quiet time!

No comments: