Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow! I was able to get so much done this morning, I probably deserved a nap this afternoon! LOL!

Got the kids up, breakfast downstairs and to the bus on time (bus was late as usual). Took Buddy for his morning drop off (He He) then paid for John´s eBay purchase. Finally, I headed via Remise to the house.

The remise driver was very kind to me as I butchered his language but somehow we managed to communicate and we arrived without a single wrong turn. He also offered to wait for me and bring me back to the hotel! Bonus!

I marked the furniture that we´re asking the owner to leave in the house and took pictures for the Embassy security office. I was in and out of the house in about 20 minutes. Whew!

Back to the hotel. Then down the street to buy envelopes so we can file our local "tax return", something we´ll need to do monthly but it´s literally for tax return, as in they return taxes to us.

From the office supply shop, I stopped in at a veterinarian shop to buy Buddy more food. I had the choice between a 7 lb. bag or a 30 lb bag. Buddy´s an 80 lb. Labrador who would eat the 7 lb at one sitting if given the opportunity! I pondered if I could manage to haul that big ole bag two blocks, decided I could and then was delighted to understand (barely!) that they´d deliver it for me! I was so excited by this fact I gushed about it to the guy behind the desk at the hotel. He looked at me like I was weird, go figure! :-)

All this before lunch and in a foreign language! Yes, I´m patting myself on the back.

This afternoon was much less taxiing on me. Just balanced the check book and took a quick trip to the pharmacy before dinner. The kids and I ate downstairs again, thankfully they have a good menu but tomorrow night has to be leftover night!!

The kids absolutely love their new school! What a blessing!! Even they seem kind of surprised at just how much they are enjoying it.

Jake just finished his shower so I need to go tuck him in then hopefully get to bed at a decent hour myself!

Please say a quick prayer for our inspections tomorrow! Don´t forget to keep praying for Don´s mom too! She´s still pretty deep in the woods last I heard!

Wish you were here, especially if you speak Spanish!! LOL
Love, Shelley

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

Keep on truckin', baby! You should have learned Spanish a long time ago!!

Kim said...

Will the hotel still provide you with dinner after you have to move out?

You have such a hectic life trying to organize that bunch! Wish I was there to help.

xoxoxoxoxo