Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Maid Service

Our new maid started work today.

My day started with sending the kids off to school on the bus then searching for twenty minutes for a transformer so I could make myself a cup of coffee. It was worth it! I had my coffee and hung out with Buddy on the patio.

Buddy's dog walker showed up and off Buddy went with his new pals. You see dog walkers here all over and they usually have at least half a dozen big dogs walking along with them. Hopefully Buddy won't flunk out of dog walking etiquette and pee on another dog or something. BTW, the two hour walk-a-day costs us about a dollar!

Buddy came back at the same time the maid showed up. He drank a gallon of water and promptly took a nap. :-)

Lilian is twenty years old and pretty as a peach. I had sworn we were going to get a 60 yr. old grandmother type but the only one matching that description was quite grumpy. So John won that round without even trying. However, our pool guy's name is Greco...that's my mental balance of the situation. LOL

Day One with the maid is proving to be great. She just laughs nicely when I make my "I have no clue what you're saying" face and we call John to help. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted. For better or for worse, Lilian doesn't cook...thank goodness for the delivery system!!

I am so sick of boxes the sight of them makes me cringe. Thankfully they're all piled behind my back while I write this or I couldn't even sit in this office. Somehow I do hear them calling my name though so off I go to find more things a new home!

Cheers!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

OK, full time maid, pool guy, dog walker and delivery food? What the heck are you going to do with yourself once the boxes are unpacked? Oh ya, sit and eat bon-bons and watch Greco!! Rough freekin' life!

patsyrose said...

How do you suppose you're going to be able to go back to the "real" life when this stint in Argentina is over? Enjoy it while you can, my darlin'!

Shelley said...

You can't forget the wine - it's wonderful!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley I am so sorry life is so hard for you right now. Try to remember us (especially when you are watching the pool boy) Love ya anyway Kathy