Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

I cannot believe that my baby is sixteen!!! I must admit, it actually bothers me. Sixteen seems so grown up. Sixteen seems so close to heading out the door to lead her life away from us. Sixteen seems so incredibly close to independence.

Admittedly, Lisette's always walked to her own drummer and it always felt like she would have been just fine without us. Sure, Lisette has been Miss Independent since before she got out of diapers. But she still needed me to change them!! :-)

Now my baby is undeniably a young woman. Sigh. She's thrilled beyond words, as I was ummmmmm...nearly 27 yrs ago! I am happy for her but only because her face was lit up so damn bright this morning!

The bad news is, she's now allowed to date. The good news is, her sweetheart is still in Florida...yes!

Day Two
Maid...$10
Dog walker...$1
Organic Food Delivered...$7
Green Tinge around your face...priceless!

There, that made me feel better!! :-)
Love to you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until your baby is 24. Lindsay will be in April. And I am a GRANDMA. How did that happen. Ok I know HOW it happened I just can't believe it has. Get ready time is going to start flying by now. Just know how much they love you and what a fantastic job you did raising them. Kathy

Kim said...

I remember coming to San Francisco to visit that brand new beautiful baby girl. She has grown into a very beautiful, intelligent lady.

It's scary how fast time flies. They just need to know how very much we love them.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
(16 sets)

patsyrose said...

I have so many pictures in my mind of Lisetter at all ages. The picture that's hardest to accept is the one of her at 16 and now able to date! You might have been smart to take her so far away from the boyfriend she wasn't supposed to have!!

Love and Kisses to you all!