Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fun Friday and Scattered Saturday

They were.

On Friday, my first mission was to get my nails done. They had grown to enormous lengths but I was unable to find anyone to do the acrylic nails for me. An Embassy wife led me to a nail tech who works just down the street from me!! Yeah!! $20 dollars later, my nails are beautiful and short!!

We had heard that our car was to be delivered between 4 and 5, so John went in to his school to register while I started tackling the boxes in the office - last room to be unpacked!! We had also heard that the gardener/pool guy (Greco) comes on Fridays. We had also heard that the security alarm system person might come by on Friday. Well, they all showed up within 15 minutes of each other!!

By 5:30, our yard and pool look great and our car is in the garage. The new security system isn't in place yet but we still have the one that was in the house already. I'll try to attach a picture of the car in the crate it came in but first I'll explain.

It took two months to get here after spending a month in S. Florida because the Embassy wouldn't release it to be shipped until our papers were processed here. AHHHH!!! Sometime during shipping, one of the straps METAL buckles broke and the car shifted far to the right inside its metal crate but miraculously emerged from said crate without a single ding on it!!

As we love to torment our children, John volunteered himself and I to attend the school party/dance as chaperones Friday night. It was a semi-formal being held at the Italian Embassy...pretty cool! It wasn't over until 1 AM, by that time I was regularly mentioning to John that "you signed us up for this" - just a friendly reminder that it was his fault that I was tired and bored. We thought it would be funny if we both fell asleep on one of the couches and started to snore and drool a little. Somehow we managed to stay awake. The girls will be forever grateful, I'm sure!

Slept in on Saturday and commenced running around getting ready for a birthday party we were to attend. Had fun at the party then brought a very sleepy pair of teenage girls home to nap. This social life is killing us all!

We went out for dinner with friends but left the sleepy girls at home. Then the landlord came by to go over some minor problems we were having around the house.

So now, I'm caught up with my blog and I'm going to bed!!! :-)
Love to you all!

2 comments:

Kim said...

See, aready, the hotel is a distant memory. Everthing has fallen into place. Not that your 'normal' life is anything but dull. Hugs and kisses to all. PS - say hi to Greco :)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear things are working out. we had both cars totaled back in DEc. A red horse troop, just returned home and under the influence. NO charges, cop let him off! any way phyl has a new chevy max. I on the other hand have a bike. still awaiting his insurance to settle. oh yea he had the min $10k.

still no word on 06 list. holding now until end of march. had 3 job offers 2 for a year in the sesert and barksdale. oh boy. turned down the desert awaiting word about barksdale. no money to move so....
well it could be walmart, who knows. looking into local work, hospice etc. it may be yellow handle time.
phly and eli are fine. both girls coming home for spring break. they're ok as well.
god bless keep in touch. bud