Sunday, February 11, 2007

One Last Weekend?

Hopefully our last one in the hotel!!

Yesterday, John headed to pick up the girls from their sleepover and take Lisette to another friend´s house to hang out. Then John and Nicole went to the house to pick some things up and basically wait for Lisette. Worked out really well because we´d forgotten about an appt. with the Real Estate company to complete an inventory of things being left in the house for us!

Jake and I had a pleasant day in the suite, he had his nose in his new Avatar DVDs but I pulled him out to spend a nice lunch with his Mom. As with all of my kids, it´s a matter of sitting quietly while they chat on about every thought that crosses their minds. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I just gaze at their bright faces and get all mushy inside! LOL

Today the kids got a little too grumpy with each other (mainly Lisette and Nicole) so I canceled my trip with John. We were going to go to the house but I figured I needed to babysit my beastly teenage daughters. They´ve been grounded off of the computer, I decided to add all screens to list of banned items for the day (TV, DVD player) just to make my point. Mean Mom! :-)

It seemed to work, we´ve all got along nicely! Jake played with his toys then went upstairs to hang out with his friend for a couple of hours and the girls relaxed with music and books.

Tomorrow is ¨D-Day¨ for us, please light a candle, say a prayer!

Hope your weekend was refreshing!
Love to you all!
Shelley

No comments: