Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bed Sheets

John is having a fit about the poor job the packers did in Florida...with good reason! We've found my black leather jacket with multi-coloured sparkles glued on it because it was packed with Jake's school work against it, figurines broken because they were packed in a pile, one figurine wasn't even wrapped in paper at all (a father and daughter one that miraculously was unscathed) and our bedsheets which I've been searching for for four (don't you love the English language??) days now was in a box labeled "Books and Nightstand Items"!!

Again, after a dozen moves since we met in 1988, we're pretty much used to packing/unpacking and have come to appreciate the work of competent packers. Most of the time it's comical when things are poorly labeled or arrive somehow unscathed by insane packing practices.

I'm just glad I'll have sheets that fit tonight! We've been sleeping with Full size sheets (our guest bed sheets Mom!) on our Queen size bed. :-)

Off to dinner at friends' house two blocks away!
Wish you were here!
Love to all!
Shelley

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm crazy enough to envy your life. Hugs & kisses to all.
xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I know the figurine you are talking about and I think I would cry if it was broken. Glad you got sheets that fit though.Kathy

patsyrose said...

I've only ever seen the results of one of your many moves and the packing was excellent then. Sounds like that isn't the norm. You're so resilient that you'll get over this...after a hefty refund cheque for your damaged goods!