Thursday, February 8, 2007

Anyone Have a Punching Bag?

I need to borrow it! Actually we bought one didn't we?

Yesterday was a good day, I headed to the house to be there for the Safety inspection and the house passed! I then went to the Embassy and talked to the household goods lady, we're set for deliveries starting with our Express (small) shipment Friday morning.

Things went downhill starting this morning...

The Security inspection that WAS supposed to happen today was delayed until tomorrow because the Security office was too busy with VIPs. Yeah, like that excuse worked for me. Ahhhhhh! To add to the frustration, the inspector lady is really nice so I couldn't bring myself to scream at her - not that I would...well probably not. By the way, this whole inspection is because they are treating the security of some doors like they were windows, which they aren't, they're doors. You'd think it would be easy to tell the difference. Obviously not for State Dept. people.

So I've been moping around all day, John's not here to encourage me and I feel like a cloud of doom is hanging over my head. To stop myself from obsessing, I curled up with good ole Buddy by my side and read a good book (the Fourth Summer of the Traveling Pants). I even took it to lunch with me, I got out of the hotel to our favourite Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, I've finished the whole book and am back to obsessing.

Now, to add to the fun, John just called to let me know he might miss his flight back here, he's delayed out of California.

Okay, I really do know things could be worse but this just sucks.

I am going forward with the Express Shipment delivery tomorrow, if worse comes to worse we can bring the stuff back here to the hotel.

A bright thought just entered my head - they serve a really nice Malbec downstairs!

Here's to dissipating clouds!
Love ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley my heart goes out to you.
Cheer up, tomorrow looks much better.
Hope you get your house soon and John back with you.
Love, Elvira

bluebird of paradise said...

keep your chin up you will soon be in your lovely new home.and this will just be a memory........

Shelley said...

Thank you!

I needed to vent, the Malbec was lovely and looks like John made his connection...

Deep breath and focus on tomorrow!
:-)

patsyrose said...

It's so hard to relax when your whole world is up in the air. Look forward to the day you're actually settled...it will come. And then your adventure will really begin. How lucky you are!

Kim said...

Briv brae little soldier!
Love ya babe.