Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yeah! A Title!!

It let me back in!

It's the little things that make me happy...really.

Jake spent the night at a friend's house last night. I picked him up this morning along with the brothers that he'd had the sleepover with and took them to the school playground to play. They had a great time other than the few times the littlest guy (he's four) had cold hands but we fixed that with a couple of minutes with his paws wrapped in my wool scarf.

We picked up the girls from the house before heading to a local bowling alley to eat lunch and bowl. Unfortunately we never got the chance to bowl. I think it was the late night last night but the little guys were not in the best of moods at lunch. I couldn't help feeling some respect for Jake's buddy who, when it was suggested that it would be time to go home if he didn't sit nicely in his chair just headed for the front door and waited. No nasty looks or grumpy attitude, he just looked kind of tired. Nicole and I just looked at each other in shock and tried not to laugh. So I took him home and called his mom at work to explain myself.

We dropped off his little brother after lunch then the girls went to watch the newest Harry Potter movie. I was feeling a little tired myself so chose not to attend with them, instead I dropped them off and came home to curl up with a good book.

Now, John is off shopping/picking up the girls, Jake has his nose in the TV and I'm eating dinner in front of the computer - Shame!

Have I mentioned it's bloody cold outside! Up next on the menu - hot chocolate!

Cheers to you in the warmer climate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I am going to say is 105 heat index.