Friday, July 20, 2007

Two Years

We lost my dad two years ago today. Hard to believe it's only been two years, coincidentally it seems like it was two months. For those of you who have lost a parent you know the feeling of the incomparable loss. I'm sure there is worse but the cut continues to bleed every day.

John and Jake went to see "Transformers" today. Then, in tribute to my dad, John took Jake fishing with my dad's fishing poles. Good job, no fish but good job. :-)

All us girls went farther north via the train to Tigre. It's the Venice of Argentina with a variety of canals but with greater space. We took a Catamaran ride, had coffee/hot chocolate/pop treat while we talked and laughed. I figured being on the water was fitting too.

Unfortunately, lunch was in a smoky restaurant that led to a minor migraine for me and I spent a few hours in bed when we made it home.

Now we just finished watching "Shakespeare in Love" with Nicola's relative, Joseph Fiennes, starring as Shakespeare. Great movie, sad day. Good to be with those we love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do know how you feel. I think when its your daddy it will always feel like it just happened. It has been six years for me and sometimes I just wish I could talk him and he could make it all better. Love you and thinking about you.

Kim said...

:(
I love you.

patsyrose said...

Be proud that he knew you loved him and you couldn't help but know how much he loved you.

Some people never experience that kind of love so you were very lucky.

And I'm betting he still watches over you!!