Friday, July 27, 2007

Best Dad Award

John is going nuts getting himself and the kids ready for a ski trip to Bariloche. However, he's rising above the hassle of doing this all by himself in order for the kids to not miss the opportunity...he's such a great dad!! I'm so bummed to be missing out but I'm where I need to be and I know they'll have so much fun - with or without me - and that's important, we've solidly learned that life can be dreadfully short.

David had a good day yesterday according to Kimmy. He was relatively comfortable and a little more clearer. She accidentally stepped on his foot and he gave her crap for it. She was delighted that he actually strung a few sentences together, not caring that it was to give her heck! LOL True love. :-)

My nephew Nick came by and we did some furniture rearranging to fit David's hospital bed downstairs, we're hoping he's discharged from the hospital early next week. Then I ran some errands before having dinner with my mom and my nephew Matt. I fall in love with my nieces and nephews all over again every time I see them, and that goes for John's side of the family too! It's so cool! On this side of the family, they're pretty much all grown up so it's amazing to see that they're continuing our tradition of closeness - they are awesome!

It's cloudy and grey outside, supposed to rain today but I've got laundry to do and some more errands to run. I just spoke to John and although he's sad that I'm missing our family vacation, they're getting excited as they prepare to head to the airport. Please keep them in your prayers too - the kids have never been skiing before!!

No comments: