Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hurting Hearts

Once again, it is made quite clear that life is not fair. My wonderful brother-in-law has been battling (there is no other word for it than "battling" is there?) renal cancer for a year and a half. It appeared that he was winning said battle but the tide has turned. With love, encouragement, support and the hope of another med we pray the war is not lost. He's the love of my sister's life and they both deserve much better than this. So the evening was spent yesterday with pain, sorrow, anger, hope and prayer.

My friend Nicola arrived yesterday morning! As is completely normal for me, I waited patiently for her - at the wrong terminal!!! What a bonehead I am!! I did arrive in plenty of time to sit down, have a coffee, visit the restroom and then wait...and wait...and wait. Sigh. :-)

She had a nap when we got home then we headed to that favourite restaurant and met John for a late lunch. Then we wandered down the main street here, picked up some sweets from the bakery and brought them home.

The evening was low key per above. Dinner was Curried Chicken on rice even though John and kids called for Delivery Chinese. I held fast and saved us some buckaroos. We haven't had Chinese in a while though, I'm not sure how long I can hold them off.

Send some love to my sis - that's where my heart is right now!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Nicola got there safely you both have a wonderful time. Our prayers are with Kim and David they are two of the most precious people I have been lucky enough to meet. With Gods help he has beat this once and he can do it again. I am sending you all my love.