Thursday, July 12, 2007

A List Day

I love to make lists. I love to follow lists. I love it when a list is all checked off. Today I made a list. Only half way through it but I love my list.

We're throwing a party!! Yeehaw!! Come on over! This is what my list is for and it's a mighty fine one. It's a last minute list so it's that much more important. When things are left to the last minute, it's mighty important to make sure you don't forget anything.

Here's the story behind why this is a last minute list... John's been home from vacation for almost two weeks. While I was still away with the kids, he decided we'd have a party after the kids and I got home. Hmmmm. Sounds good. Unfortunately jet lag was a bit of a energy killer for me the first few days of this week. Then, on Tuesday, we were heading (late as usual) to pick up Nicole and John didn't like my choice of "short cuts" and mentioned (twice) that "this isn't a shortcut" before I glared at him and said "It doesn't help when you keeping saying 'this isn't a shortcut.'" He promptly looked at me and said "This isn't a shortcut" - straight faced serious. Now, those of you who are aware of my driving habits...just imagine them when I'm pissed. Thankfully, I'm skilled because we're all still alive. Since I've barely been talking to him and he hasn't bothered to ask for help, now I have a last minute list. We're still not talking much but we have lots of wine! :-)

Today I ordered breads, crackers and dessert pastries (will be delivered), picked up paper products, grocery shopped (will be delivered) and brought in some extra outdoor furniture for indoor seating. The kids scooped and got our luggage put away finally! I was explaining to my sister that we were going to hire a gentleman to do the asado (Argentinean BBQ) for us, she teased me until I told her it would only cost us about 30 bucks! So who wouldn't?? He's even going to bring the meat (steak and chicken) with him. Food cost is separate mind you.

John's putting covers around the back terrace and we'll use our portable heaters to help warm the space - hoping the BBQ will help with that too!

So, busy bees we are!
Wish you could join us!!!

2 comments:

patsyrose said...

Barbecue? Did you forget it's winter in Argentina even though it's July? The weird change of seasons must have addled your brain, my darlin'.

Anyway, have fun!!

Kim said...

Here's one for you Johnny....Shelley, shut up and listen to him about short cuts!
Love you BOTH!!! Wish I was there for the party.
xoxoxox