Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time Changes All Things

Including the clock! We're now 2-3 hours ahead of you guys. Argentina doesn't participate in Daylight Savings so don't call too late! And I'll try not to call too early! :-)

Sunday was truly a day of rest. Except I was up at 0430 to take Maria to the school so she could catch the plane back to Ecuador. Not my usual time of day but I did return to bed and sleep until the crack of noon! Okay, not quite that late but close!

Jake has been spending way too many hours playing an online game called "Adventure Quest" and his sleepover friend Manny loves it too. Manny and Jake had to be scooted away from the computer multiple times on Sunday to go and enjoy the beautiful day. By Sunday night, Jake had red, droopy eyes and almost fell asleep on the couch by 6 PM. Too much staring at the screen and too little sleep Saturday night!

The girls chilled. Saturday night at the park had been great and now they barely moved. Nicole's friend Matt (one of the boy soccer victors) came over to watch "Transformers" but otherwise all was perfectly quiet! Yeah!

Yesterday I went to see a doctor about a rash. Yeah, perhaps TMI but it's nothing exciting. He thinks it's eczema gone mad. Seems he's right as his prescription is drying it up. Yeah again! John went with me to the German Hospital (that's where the doc sees patients), which was a very good thing. I definitely would have been lost. The hospital was rather efficient - I was pretty impressed. There was no appointment, just show up and cross your fingers. I was seen after about a 20 minute wait max. He was a nice guy and we were done within another 20 minutes, prescription in hand. And free! Thanks to our insurance mind you! If I need to go back I'm sure I could do it without needing John...or not! :-)

No comments: