Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kinda Crazy

The school bus was 10 minutes early this morning! Ahhhh! Hair straightener was left plugged in, Nicole forgot her iPod and cell phone plus Lisette forgot a pair of flip-flops she needed. Jake's bedhead was barely under control when the Lisette hollered "Bus!" from downstairs. Thankfully, the bus comes by the house a second time so I dressed quickly and met them with the forgotten items when they came back ten minutes later. Whew!

I made the mistake of having a cafe con leche while I had my nails done, then drinking a Diet Coke before stopping for something to eat. My body went into shock. I've been weaning myself off of coffee and switched to tea in the morning. The double dose of caffeine (my tea doesn't seem to have the same caffeine effect on me) overloaded my system.

Lon, Nunez and I did some window shopping but shortly thereafter I felt like I was going to pass out if I didn't eat so I propelled us into a cafe and had a basket of rolls delivered ASAP. I had a Lomo (steak) sandwich with a big bottle of water. God Bless the Argentinean beef.

John joined us and a little later on this afternoon we took Lon and Nunez on a tour of the kids' school. They took pictures of the cityscape from the decks overlooking the river. Beautiful views!

Nunez made some incredible spaghetti sauce while I ran some more errands. We all sat down to a great meal with some dear friends...did I mention the awesome spaghetti sauce?? :-)

No comments: