Friday, November 16, 2007

Bazaar!

The Embassy had a shopping bazaar today! Mmm Mmm Good! Found quite a few treasures including quite a few Christmas gifts. Found quite a few treasures for me too! John went with me so it was nice to have him helping with the choices. He has excellent taste in most things and I'm learning to avoid asking him about other things. We're a good team! I also think he appreciates the fact that I really don't like shopping for the most part. :-)

I picked Jake up from school - he had Chess class this afternoon. We ran into his Chess teacher and he told me how well Jake is doing in Chess and offered to give him private lessons when the class is over. Unfortunately, I had to turn him down and explained that we were moving.

It's a quiet night so far but then, I just woke up! I lied down at around 5, almost three hours later....I guess I should have asked John not to let me sleep very long! Jake was on the computer, Lisette is in her room (?) and Nicole was hanging on the coach watching "That 70s Show" - dinner is non-existent. Guess that's my next move!

Ahhhh. Dinner has been determined! Today is "Mc Dia Feliz" - the one day of the year that McDonald's takes every penny paid for a Big Mac and puts it into the Ronald McDonald program. Last year they raised 27 million USD worldwide! Not my favourite sandwich at McD's but tonight I'll go for it. Jake's also going to have a Big Mac - for the first time! I'll let you know how that goes! BTW, being in Buenos Aires means we're having our Big Macs delivered! :-)

No comments: